COOKIE INFORMATION TEXT FOR
THE WEBSITE OF TURKUVAZ MEDIA GROUP
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in the hard disk of your computer by your browser. They are generally used to provide you with a personalized experience during your use of the website you visit, to improve the services offered and to enhance your experience and may contribute to ease of use when navigating a website.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF COOKIES?
Cookies are subject to various distinctions by their lifespan, purpose of use and the cookie owner or the party placing the cookie.
|By Lifespan||By Purpose of Use||By Cookie Owner or Cookie Placing Party|
COOKIES BY TYPE
Cookies by Lifespan
Session Cookies: These are the cookies that are created when you visit a website and are used during your visit and
are valid until the browser window is closed. The purpose of such cookies is to ensure the continuity and security of your visit.
For example, it allows filling in online forms consisting of multiple pages.
Permanent Cookies: They are created the first time you visit a website and
remain on your hard drive depending on their lifespan or until you delete them. The purpose of such cookies is to increase website functionality by providing a faster and better service to the visitors.
For example, remembering the visitor preferences and determining the content to be displayed according to these preferences.
Cookies by Purpose of Use
Mandatory/Technical Cookies: They are cookies needed for the smooth running of the website you visit.
The purpose of such cookies is to provide any necessary service by ensuring operation of the website.
For example, they enable access to the secure fields of the website, and use of the website's features and navigation.
Functional Cookies: They record the selections made by the visitor on the website and recall them on the next visit.
The purpose of such cookies is to provide ease-of-use to visitors.
For example, they remove the need for the website user to reenter the user password on each page visited.
Performance/Analytics Cookies: They gather data about the method of use of the website, frequency of visits and number of visitors,
and show how visitors have linked to the website. These cookies are used to improve the mode of operation of the website and thereby increase its performance,
and determine the direction of general trends. They do not contain data that can identify visitors.
For example, they show the number of error messages displayed and the most visited pages.
- Advertising/Marketing Cookies: They allow measurement of the efficiency of the advertisements displayed to visitors and a calculation of the number of displays. These cookies work by identifying users’ browsers and devices. The purpose of such cookies is to build profiles of visitors’ interests and to present users with customized advertisements on other websites.
Cookies by Cookie Owner or Cookie Placing Party
- First-Party Cookies: These are cookies defined by the website visited and can only be read by such website.
- Third-Party Cookies: These are cookies that are defined by organizations other than the website visited and that enable reporting to the website regarding the service for which it is defined.
COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING COOKIES
The mandatory/technical, functional, performance/analytics and advertising/marketing cookies used on our website, together with the above explanations, have the following features:
- They ensure our website to operate securely, and for you to browse our website, as well as use the services and features available on it.
- They enable us to store information about the users of our website (through user devices and browser caches) and website usage.
- They are mandatory for use of the interface and features of the website as desired.
- They ensure acceleration of operations during subsequent visits.
- They enable us to understand how the website is used by visitors, help us gather statistical data, and develop contents accordingly.
- They enable us to improve our advertising and marketing activities.
- They do not damage your computer and are free of viruses.
Your personal data, collected through Mandatory/Technical Cookies, is processed under paragraph 2 of Article 5 of the PDPL on the legal grounds that “(c) It is necessary to process the personal data of parties to a contract, provided that the processing is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract” and “(f) The data processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not harmed”.
Functional, Performance/Analytics and Advertising/Marketing cookies are processed with your explicit consent in accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 5 of the PDPL.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES
In order for you to control cookies, many browsers provide you with an option to accept or reject cookies, accept only certain types of cookies, or receive warnings when the website requests storage of cookies on your device.
Besides, there is an option to delete any cookies already recorded on your browser.
If you disable or reject cookies, it may be necessary to set some preferences manually, and as we will be unable to identify your account and associate it with you, some features and services on the website may not function smoothly. You can change your browser settings by clicking on the relevant link on the following table.
For more information on cookies, including how cookies are placed, displayed, managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org and use the “contact us” tab to convey all your questions and comments regarding the Policy.
This Cookie Information Text may be updated in order to comply with the PDPL as a result of our changing processes. We kindly ask you to periodically check the Cookie Information Text in order to be informed about any changes and updates we have made in the Cookie Information Text.